B16A2 head on B18C4 block

Krzys

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done the same thing but it depends on where you want the torque,

If I wanted a road racer I would stick with thep72 head and manifold as low and mid range torque is better, yes the inlet manifold is restrictive but you can still get the skunk inlet to fit your head if,

my mc2 was wicked with the itr pistons cams valves valve springs and throttle body, also had 0.75mm skimmed off the head

If you want to use theb16 head you will need to raise compression either by changing pistons milling head or thin head gasket,

best option imo would be to get some (pr3) b16 over sized pistons or jdm itr

Only reason I'm using the b16 head is coz it makes more noise lol

Haha nice!

I was chatting to a guy at DynoDaze during the C5 meet there the other Sunday and he actually said there's nothing to gain by swapping the heads, all the gains are through the inlet mani which I know skunk2 and Blox do aftermarket ones for the B18c4, exhaust mani and de-cat plus decent breathing.

I'm leaning towards wanting to turn my Civic into a secret track weapon and get myself a new daily drive so I may go down the route of uprating engine parts! Trouble is the money involved, just means it'll be a long term project, plus she's decent enough standard to throw at a few tracks before I go spending loads! :D