Choosing Pistons

Nav

Hi guys,

When choosing pistons, what is the best compression ratios to go for when rebuilding an engine. I know the better the compression ratio the more power.. (or am i wrong). but i also read its not good for the engine.. so what is the safest ratio to go for.

I read its 10.0:1 for standard B18C4 engine.. (from Wikipedia), is that correct.. ??

Any info would be helpful guys.. :)

Hi guys,

When choosing pistons, what is the best compression ratios to go for when rebuilding an engine. I know the better the compression ratio the more power.. (or am i wrong). but i also read its not good for the engine.. so what is the safest ratio to go for.

I read its 10.0:1 for standard B18C4 engine.. (from Wikipedia), is that correct.. ??

Any info would be helpful guys.. :)

i need to do more research dont I.. ok. library here i come..

wel the plan is to rebuild my engine.. just hone it and use the standard cams for now and upgrade the cams and valve trains on a later date..probably to shunk pro or if i can find a civic type r one them ones.. but for now look like i need to get back to the books.. thans for ur help..

i need to do more research dont I.. ok. library here i come..

wel the plan is to rebuild my engine.. just hone it and use the standard cams for now and upgrade the cams and valve trains on a later date..probably to shunk pro or if i can find a civic type r one them ones.. but for now look like i need to get back to the books.. thans for ur help..

if your taking the engine apart then there is your car off the road for a wee while....keep it running and buy another engine to work on....

dont rush it!. im building an engine and it may well take me a year due to finances.... starting the bottom block first.... b16b oversized pistons, new oil pump basically everything new. i allready have the teg cams, springs etc etc for the head... the way im looking at it is to do it once and proper. and im still motoring with my current engine which i will sell towards the end of my built engine. that way i will get a little money back.

if your taking the engine apart then there is your car off the road for a wee while....keep it running and buy another engine to work on....

dont rush it!. im building an engine and it may well take me a year due to finances.... starting the bottom block first.... b16b oversized pistons, new oil pump basically everything new. i allready have the teg cams, springs etc etc for the head... the way im looking at it is to do it once and proper. and im still motoring with my current engine which i will sell towards the end of my built engine. that way i will get a little money back.

the thing is i am still unsure what need to be done excatly.. i am thinking a 8-9 mnths project to get my car fully sorted out..

all i want is to run the same displacement.. so i dont wanna increase the CC.. but to get near enough to 200hp..

i am still unsure what i need to do to get this... as far as geting another engine.. not sure.. mine needs a lot of work.. body work engine gearbox brakes and a lot more.. so i am thinking to get her off the road to build it up slowly.. buy next summer.. :D

the thing is i am still unsure what need to be done excatly.. i am thinking a 8-9 mnths project to get my car fully sorted out..

all i want is to run the same displacement.. so i dont wanna increase the CC.. but to get near enough to 200hp..

i am still unsure what i need to do to get this... as far as geting another engine.. not sure.. mine needs a lot of work.. body work engine gearbox brakes and a lot more.. so i am thinking to get her off the road to build it up slowly.. buy next summer.. :D