Big Problem...HELP!

HotRod_07

Not sure if this is the correct section but here i go anyways. I have damaged my key. The end of the key is worn and the key is ever soo slightly twisted. It opens the doors boot etc but will not take steering lock off and start the car. There is no spare. What should be my next corse of action? any help would be great cheers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first one is no good as the key wont fit your ignition barrel, and the second one is on £100 when i looked, im sure a genuine key wouldn't be that much to be honest, plus there are companies that do coded non-genuine keys that are probably cheaper than that, but not sure as i have never used them. I know they exist though!! You may need to find out your key number from a Honda dealer though..... ;)

I would go to a honda main dealer with you key they maybe able to cut you a new key off the old one even though its twisted . I would get 2 pairs of plyers and hold the good bit and twist the end back do not snap it and the fill any ruff edges off and that should work if the key is not to bad . Put some pictures up of the key . Rich.

Ive twisted it back with the pliers and its now as straight as i can get it. However, the tip of the key is grinded away. il try and get some pics up later. This is what happens when you go to nottingham to watch newcastle united, have to much to drink, get p**sed off with the result and try to unscrew the seat off with your car keys! :(

UPDTAE

I rang honda and they said that i need to get the car to them and they would need to fit a new immobiliser. They said it would be between 300-400 quid + what ever it costs to get the car towed up to their garage. :cry:

Ive been in contact with a vti breaker however and he said he can send me the immobiliser ecu, engine ecu, ignition barrel and key up for £110 quid. Is this all i would need to fix the problem or is there anything else i would need?

Any help i would appreciate thanks

UPDTAE

I rang honda and they said that i need to get the car to them and they would need to fit a new immobiliser. They said it would be between 300-400 quid + what ever it costs to get the car towed up to their garage. :cry:

Ive been in contact with a vti breaker however and he said he can send me the immobiliser ecu, engine ecu, ignition barrel and key up for £110 quid. Is this all i would need to fix the problem or is there anything else i would need?

Any help i would appreciate thanks

Yea that would be you sorted mate, first of all try to straighten the key. I twisted mine so i put it in a vice and heated it up and kept tightening the vice, it went straight and now works fine. The agricultural way of fixing things, hammers, oxy/acetalene and vices :D

Archived