vafc not reading correct

baker402

hi on the weekend i installed a apexi vafc unit to my mb6 but i have noticed the revs on the vafc is 500rpm less then the one on my speedo . so when im at 6000rpm on my speedo on the apexi its saying im at 5500rpm which is putting the vtec out :( any ideas why this is happening?

:shock: thats along way out, any chance to calibrate revcounter or swap with another to get real true rpm could it be the apexi at fault?

edit as above :lol:

:shock: thats along way out, any chance to calibrate revcounter or swap with another to get real true rpm could it be the apexi at fault?

If installed correcty then it can't be?

i had it fitted by a auto electrician so cant see why its not reading right but i can most probably will be able to get hold of another speedo to try

i had it fitted by a auto electrician so cant see why its not reading right but i can most probably will be able to get hold of another speedo to try

Sound like a plan! ;)

One thing it could be had had the same prob with my apex rev speed monitor revs was out then it hit me [smash.gif] the apex was set for a 6cylinder not 4cyl. Was went into setting and set it for 4cyl now it's bang on :D

mines set to 4 cylinder and is still out i tryed another speedo and still nothing my speedo on my dash revs to 8600/8700 and the apexi only goes up to 8100/8200