oil filter 2000 1.4

mark.b

phoned my local maindealer this afternoon to enquire about cost and availability of an oil filter for my car coversation went like

hi i am phoning to check price an availability of an oil filter for my car

reply; petrol or diesel mate

petrol

reply nine quid odd plus vat mate an 44p for your sump washer, ok bye

phone gets put down :o

is it ok to use factor oil filter or is dealer best way to go,if dealer i have a 20 mile drive to my next nearest dealer as i dont really want to give the local original selling dealer the buisness even though i have always used them

If you need anything else then your best bet is John banks Honda, they are an official trader on here and the genuine Honda oil filters are about 4quid. Ok its six quid postage but if u need anything else while you're there its worth it. I got my genuine Honda battery for 45 quid delivered next day

Fyi all petrol Hondas use the same filter except the S2000 and accord type R, so all u need to ask them for is a petrol oil filter. They even use the same ones in their boat engines, just type the part no. In google and it comes up with some boat website

I would go for OEM. If you order them online get three or four to make it worthwhile or get your cabin, air and fuel filter from the same place. I use Hamp D series oil filter myself but the jury is out on whether they are worth the money. Other oil filters are generally all only fit for the bin- they are not all the same. I am using Mann for the other service items at the moment- they seem ok but I wouldn't use them for the oil.