W / 2000 - Civic VTi - Black

45_CB

dont over look the water in the boot, thats a leak some where and will cause rust if not allready

Hi James

I have been checking the boot wheel well since this finding, everytime ive washed it and its been raining long term and all seems fine so far. No water. The car was stood up for 6-12 months approx before I got it, obviously didn't do it much good as needed a really good valet and obviously the belt for the air con didnt survive lol.

Thinking about cam belt now.. something to bare in mind? D.I.Y. perhaps ?! :?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry mate , i was looking at the pictures you posted up and i was just wondering did you 100% check the car over first or not, its just in hindsight everytime ive bought a car and checked everything before parting with cash .Tbh if i saw water in the boot like that i would of said nah theres something not right there .i see this one on autotrader a few weeks ago and it looked a bargain but this would of rang alarm bells for me but failing that i hope you get it done just as you want it.

also whats the hole under the petrol filler ?

sorry mate , i was looking at the pictures you posted up and i was just wondering did you 100% check the car over first or not, its just in hindsight everytime ive bought a car and checked everything before parting with cash .Tbh if i saw water in the boot like that i would of said nah theres something not right there .i see this one on autotrader a few weeks ago and it looked a bargain but this would of rang alarm bells for me but failing that i hope you get it done just as you want it.

also whats the hole under the petrol filler ?

I didn't check under the spare wheel well but looked at the boot floor etc, hard to find a cheap car now days so good car for the price. I've just been used to spend 4-5k on cars previously and spending good money keeping them good and tastefully spec'd up etc

The hole under the filler neck is just a drain hole. If anyone wants me to show photos of where they think it may of rusted out feel free as I haven't seen any yet and mentioned nothing on the MOT last month :D

no thats fair enough chris , the car looks stunning and tbh the aircon belt snap(minor issue) well tbh in the 4 years ive owned the v6 i never used the aircon lol ...thats what a window is for lol

Maybe the water came from a rubber from the boot somewhere.

tbh mate i will looking for either 1 vti /vtis mb6 in the next few month but i may have to travel for mine ...

If anyone wants me to show photos of where they think it may of rusted out feel free as I haven't seen any yet and mentioned nothing on the MOT last month :D

i think the main areas for rust for you to check would be behind the side skirts and underneath the arches thats the main areas that i know, and maybe check underneath the passenger footwell carpet, as that is a common place for water to build up :)

no thats fair enough chris , the car looks stunning and tbh the aircon belt snap(minor issue) well tbh in the 4 years ive owned the v6 i never used the aircon lol ...thats what a window is for lol

Maybe the water came from a rubber from the boot somewhere.

tbh mate i will looking for either 1 vti /vtis mb6 in the next few month but i may have to travel for mine ...

I wasn't too fussed about the belt, as I used the air con on the way home and worked perfectly but was only for testing purposes as air con has always used more fuel in my previous cars! May remove all the air con at some point not sure yet, either way a belt is only around £4.00 !

I adjusted the boot striking rubbers as they were wound all the way out and the boot does sit tighter now :)

If anyone wants me to show photos of where they think it may of rusted out feel free as I haven't seen any yet and mentioned nothing on the MOT last month :D

i think the main areas for rust for you to check would be behind the side skirts and underneath the arches thats the main areas that i know, and maybe check underneath the passenger footwell carpet, as that is a common place for water to build up :)

I'll take a look under the carpet when I get a chance but the arches and sills are all good [smitten.gif]

Cheers

Great start to a good looking car.

Surprised you went for the ebay spec intake, I have read somewhere on here that they loose BHPs WACK11111

I know how you feel loosing cars to buy houses :cry:

Noticed you have clear side repeaters too, they are not standard :D

loose bhp lol? Intake is pretty much same as standard apart from the filter? Not bothered though as makes epic noise on crossover and in vtec

:oops: