cooling issues

spudley1988

howdy poppets. Got what im hoping is going to be a minor issue lol. Have recently just changed my thermostat and sometimes car runs fine but sometimes, like earlier, the cooling fan will come on and stay on and then the temp gauge carries on rising. Ive never let it get any higher than half - 3 quarters. I then fire heaters full blast on hot in which the heaters are come through hot and gauge drops back to normal. Could this be airlock? Faulty temp sender? faulty cooling fan switch as fan stayed on more than usual (doesnt do this all time) or any other issues you guys may know of?

many spanks chippy chaps :D

Hello mate. I've just had my thermostat replaced and got exactly the same problem. The garage bleed the system for 45 mins as to Akers sure of no airlocks. As I drove it the temp rose to over two thirds before I had to put the blowers on. Have you rectified this problem as they recommend pressure testing to ensures the head gasket hasn't gone, or that the water pump maybe goosed. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Hello mate. I've just had my thermostat replaced and got exactly the same problem.

Yea ive just done mine and its doing this. I did re-bleed the other day which helped for a bit but gauge still rises on the odd occassion but not all the time. So am going to re-bleed again for even longer and see if i can start nailing this on the head lol.