Wheel noise

EmZvr

About a month a strange noise appeared which is noticable below ~25mph. I recorded a video of the problem. It occurs on both front wheels. I hope it's not smth serious :(

1x2t5jryAVU

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check the caliper sliders are not beginning to seize

if they are, remove all the sliders from all four calipers and clean them with a wire brush/sand paper/drill/dremal maybe even clean out the holes with an ear bud then use copper greese as a lubricant

I really hope it's not warped discs. They have 8400 km on them and I haven't driven on a track. So it turns out EBC are crap :cry:

check the caliper sliders are not beginning to seize <<<

if they are, remove all the sliders from all four calipers and clean them with a wire brush/sand paper/drill/dremal maybe even clean out the holes with an ear bud then use copper greese as a lubricant

I will try this, thanks.

Took it to a service center today. And they told me after some time the pads will bend and the noise will disappear. I doubt that, I've covered 8400km in 1 year and some months..

Also they told me that the pads are eating the discs unevenly which is really bad. I'm ataching a picture can you tell me is this normal ?

150 pounds spend on pads and discs for nothing :evil:

P1140543.jpg

go up to top speed (on a None Public Road) and slam on the brakes .. do this a good few times and report back ??

get on to the pad makers and ask them about this .. this is what i would do

I hope you didn't literally mean reachin top speed :D This was the scariest roller coaster ever [smash.gif]:lol: I did 3 runs 100kph - 0kph. I didn't want to do more because I hate abusing my car and it started smelling like rubber a lot. Did a stupid video at the last run WACK11111

8ZzZyr9KlsE

And that's how all the discs look after the braking :|

P1140551.jpg

P1140552.jpg

P1140553.jpg

P1140554.jpg