Brake lights not working, but spoiler brake light still OK.

xxlukexx

Hi all,

Recently noticed that my brake lights are both not working, but the spoiler brake light is. I tried changing the bulbs and they still don't work, so I'm assuming this is a fuse or a relay. But it seems weird that the spoiler light would be on a different fuse to the other lights.

Anyone got any idea what could be causing this?

Cheers,

Luke

• 2 months later...

It wont be a fuse or relay bud if the spoiler lights works, that also rules out the brake light switch too. Do your rear sidelights work? Have you got the correct bulbs fitted and fitted round the right way? Get some pics up if you can!! ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I have this same problem. My spoiler brake light always works. Sometimes the brake lights in the rear clusters work, sometimes just one side will work and other times both sides don't work. I swapped out both the bulb holders and wiring harnesses from my old Aerodeck before I scrapped it. Same thing! Aghhh! Any clues? From what I have read above, it won't be a dodgy switch at the brake pedal if the spoiler light works correctly? Please help. MOT is in August so I have some time thankfully!

Archived