mb2 build up..Starter problem!

Raz s

Had a spare day today so gave the car a wash and began to polish it :evil:

If any one fancy's giving me a hand to valet, colour cut,polish etc any time let me know, i am absolutley shocking at detailing and just get cranky :lol:

Ill return the favor and even travel!!! :) with my box of cleaning products which i dont know how to use any of properly :lol:

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auto glym training i didn't even know they did that. Could do with going on that myself.

Its the first big wash/detail it needs once that is done ill be able to keep up to it.

Just been to collect my tyres off john should have these fitted on my freshly powder coated vtis on tuesday ecstatic.gif1ecstatic.gif1ecstatic.gif1

Auto glym training i didn't even know they did that. Could do with going on that myself.

Its the first big wash/detail it needs once that is done ill be able to keep up to it.

Just been to collect my tyres off john should have these fitted on my freshly powder coated vtis on tuesday ecstatic.gif1ecstatic.gif1ecstatic.gif1

Autoglym only do it for people in companies, i managed to wangle it with me and my mate. its about £160 for 2 days training. if you want anymore info i can help if you want. or any advice on doing a bit of detailing im happy to help :D

Check out the detailing thread, James has put some good links and videos in there, mostly page 4 I think:http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=7777

Also Detailingworld: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ is really good for picking up tips and ideas from basics to full paint correction.

As Chandler says it is pretty simple but it's important to get the basics right. :)

Detailing world has a lot of let's say plonkers on it. They come up with random ideas then ask. Did a machine polishing course through detailing world at Shinerama. Bloke said most of the forums are plonkers to put it in a nice way. It will give you some very good tips though and what people are using on the market now. I've introduced a fair few people to the polishing sponge and the autoglym hand applicator and thought I was mad until I shown them the ease of using them!

Got my fanblades back from the powder coaters this morning And my new michelins on and balanced etc.

In my eyes car looks 100 times better with them in gun metal just need to clean the black off the old centres.

The tyres are 195/50's rather than 55s so leaves i slightly bigger arch gap, And scrapes on things it never used to :lol: But boy does it handle now, It's on rails!

Heres a couple of pic's, excuse the filthy state of it,it,s being used as a van at the min with work :(.

Hopefully we'll have some decent weather at the weekend so i can get my cleaning head on and "try" to detail it :lol:

IMG-20130320-WA0003_zps1756cdc2.jpg

DSC_0554_zps279badb6.jpg

IMG-20130320-WA0002_zpsdbe5fb76.jpg