Need new Sprints, Eibach, Jamex???

Ralston

Hi all,

Right basically got the Koni Str.T kit fitted over a year ago now, massive problems with the springs as after a serious amount of hassle managed to get Koni to admit that they had supplied the wrong springs for the Koni Str.T kit as it drops the front way way way too low as I know most of you are aware. As a result they sent me some custom made springs, which I then got fitted and the ride height has been absolutely perfect, just goes over speed bumbs (just) and no problems in multi-story car parks etc; however I dont know what springs these are and they are definately a bit to soft for my liking, although comfy and still handles well would prefer some stiffer springs....., have had MG ZS180 roll bar on for well over a year as well as still feel like theres too much body in it!

As far as I am aware its only Jamex, Eibach and H&R who make springs for the MB6, is this correct? Any adivce? Any of these progessive and drop the car how its meant to sit? People who think the front should be lower than the rear, sorry but thats completely wrong, that would be a sales rep telling you its right to try and solve the problem, cars should sit even, otherwise the springs would be sold as front drop 60mm and rear 10mm, rather than 30, 30mm!!

Also not wanting to spend money on coilovers or anything as a new car is planned in the future but want to make this one stiffer before selling it?

Would be great if someone knows springs that drop the car even, are pretty stiff, and are progressive!

Thanks

Chris

Thanks think I will give the Apex a try then as had them on a Suzuki Swift GTi for my first car and they were awesome.

hickster & Krzys def dont mind shelling out for the Eibach but everyone who has fitted them state that they exactly the same as the H&R springs, i.e. drop the front of the car way way too low, which is not what I want at all!

Yeh I know the Koni springs are H&R as thats what came with the Koni Str.T kit, they are the wrong springs for the car, even got Koni to admit this after taking a load of photos and measurements from the axle level to wheel arch and sending the photos off, then they admitted that the front springs were wrong for the car, hence giving me custom springs which I think are a little too soft, albeit handle well!

Thanks think I will give the Apex a try then as had them on a Suzuki Swift GTi for my first car and they were awesome.

hickster & Krzys def dont mind shelling out for the Eibach but everyone who has fitted them state that they exactly the same as the H&R springs, i.e. drop the front of the car way way too low, which is not what I want at all!

Yeh I know the Koni springs are H&R as thats what came with the Koni Str.T kit, they are the wrong springs for the car, even got Koni to admit this after taking a load of photos and measurements from the axle level to wheel arch and sending the photos off, then they admitted that the front springs were wrong for the car, hence giving me custom springs which I think are a little too soft, albeit handle well!

Thanks Perconte, will have a look for them.

Does anyone have the Eibach pro-kit fitted to Koni Str.T dampers!!!??? really want a progressive spring on there but it is essential that the ride height is correct for daily drivability of the car, i.e. speed bumbs, multi storey etc etc? Or even on Koni yellows? If so could you please post pics?

Thanks Chris

Thanks Perconte, will have a look for them.

Does anyone have the Eibach pro-kit fitted to Koni Str.T dampers!!!??? really want a progressive spring on there but it is essential that the ride height is correct for daily drivability of the car, i.e. speed bumbs, multi storey etc etc? Or even on Koni yellows? If so could you please post pics?

Thanks Chris