new mot certificate... you like or not like

philgor

what do you think to the "new" style mot certificate?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think to the "new" style mot certificate?

• like them
    • don't like them

from my point of view as a tester, i don't like them, but spoke with vosa at truckfest back in may. this is what they said.

they (vosa) are trying to devalue the certificate so much that in the future we can say, everything is all on line etc, including the mot system. that do we really need to give you a bit of paper to say it's passed....

from the cost point of view, per mot slot, it's around 2 quid, i know not a lot, but a basic vosa approved mot bay, can be the best part of 10k a lot, and the average mot tester is on 9/10 quid hr, it soon add's up to what the garage pay's out to do a single mot at 50 quid a pop...

the old mot paperwork was an expensive bit of deliverly. when the garage bought test slot's (100 miniume) vosa would send 100 pass certificate's, 200+ advisory's, and 120 fail's give or take a few sheet's. all by next day delivery from dhl. now that would cost a bomb to do, as there are around 20100 test station's in the country....

and the paper work had to be kept's safe as if it got in to the wrong hand's (think about the v5 document that were stolen a few year's back.....).

and the anpr being alknowing is wrong, it only pick's up on insurance and tax, despite the anpr and mot computer system being run by sieman's, now atos. they can not get the sustem's to talk to each other......

had it before from the police, before your stopped, they know you insured and taxed, but they call again to check the mot status, along with confirming your insured to drive the vehicle...

now how many time's do the police take the mot certificate on face value???

still i want the old one's back, infact, we still have shed load of blank old style document's about.....

The first time i got one, i thought it was fake lol. I asked the guy (who i know) and he said thats how they are now. Im sure you will just be emailed them in the next few years, those old people without email will probably have to pay for a printed copy. Like companies who charge for DD, they are gaylords!

I'd sign it! The new ones just look crap and unprofessional!

You'd sign it, but would you start it? ;)

Honestly? Probably not! But would you?

My reasoning is that while I agree the new one if naff, it doesn't stop me from sleeping at night to be that bothered to lead the way in a protest against it, but I'd support a petition though if one were presented! WACK11111

My reasoning is that while I agree the new one if naff, it doesn't stop me from sleeping at night to be that bothered to lead the way in a protest against it, but I'd support a petition though if one were presented! WACK11111

Thought not!

;)

You didn't answer my question though! WACK11111

Thought not!

;)

Nah, can't be fecked, it's only a bit of paper FFS :D

:lol:[smash.gif]

I vote Phil start one! :idea:

Thought not!

;)

Nah, can't be fecked, it's only a bit of paper FFS :D

:lol:[smash.gif]

I vote Phil start one! :idea:

I also vote this :lol:

Great minds again! :lol: