Steering / Handling Issues

GreenVTi991

My Civic's steering is pretty heavy at any speed & feels wooly & unresponsive around turn-in. Also when turning into a corner the car feels vague & un-settled then 'tucks in' to the corner (you can feel the whole car tuck which is a little un-nerving until it settles).

I presume it's down to worn bushes somewhere, but which are the most likely culprits?

Fyi I'm running Toyo Proxes T1-R's on the front & 2 somethings on the back (due to be replaced soon), MGZS180 suspension all round including front & rear ARBs.

Just out of interest: Could worn / slightly binding rear brakes cause the above issue? I've noticed recently when reversing slowly the rear brakes humm

Ta V much

maybe due to increase caster angle on front as rear lower on mgzs180 damper/springs check geometery :idea: may want to give it more front toe or rear toe/camber may be out.

drop front 10mm eyebrows.gif1

:shock: what a shock another person whos car handles like cr*p with that setup, get yourself over to meister r's that seems to be the solution for it mate!

:) ^^^and then check geometery ;)

:shock: what a shock another person whos car handles like cr*p with that setup, get yourself over to meister r's that seems to be the solution for it mate!

:) ^^^and then check geometery ;)

out of interest whats the rough cost of checking this noodels and is it worth getting it checked if i fitted this ITR suspension i have?

the geo side of things is a bit of a mystery to me i have to say i don't know anywhere in Nottingham that would check that i know Nottingham Alignment centre do tracking but not sure they check the Geometry of vehicles, say the geo was out on standard setup would this indicatte worn bushes and trailing arm bushes?

I am chatting big pooooz man Nottingham Alignment center do 4 wheels alignment and do check the Geometry of the camber, £45 might get that check when i fit this ITR suspension.

Got free test using a with print out £29 per adjustment DIY once you have the print out :D

when i lowered mine tracking was toe out at front 2+mm a side,but did fit front camber arms as well,recon it was out anyway :o

I can't really blame the MG suspension as it had the same feeling with the standard suspension which is why it must be something else causing it. When I had the Toyos fitted they check my tracking & said it was fine. I'm considering getting a full alignment done but am I right in saying there's not a lot of geometry adjustment that can be done without buying adjustable parts?