Energy Suspension Poly Bush Kit

Shaddow

Hi All,

I am thinking of poly bushing my car and would like to know if anyone has any experience of Energy Suspension kits?

http://h-tune.co.uk/index.php?route=pro ... uct_id=989

I am currently running Meister R coilovers with D2 rear lower control arms.

Which bushes would I need? The kit includes shock mount bushes, but I assume I wont need these, or are they external of the coilovers?

Thanks for any advise.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I am thinking of poly bushing my car and would like to know if anyone has any experience of Energy Suspension kits?

http://h-tune.co.uk/index.php?route=pro ... uct_id=989

I am currently running Meister R coilovers with D2 rear lower control arms.

Which bushes would I need? The kit includes shock mount bushes, but I assume I wont need these, or are they external of the coilovers?

Thanks for any advise.

Hi,

I've fitted the full kit to my car a while back (including the top mount bushes). If you already have after market LCA's then you shouldn't need those bushes, not sure on the Meister R setup, it they came with the top mounts then you shouldn't need those either. Kit is fairly easy to fit, instructions are rubbish from memory, but it's easy to work out.

In terms of handling, it did tighten up the responsiveness of my car, but then going from old bushes to new harder bushes will do that anyway :D . Remember to use loads of the supplied grease unless you want the car to sqeak every time you go near a bump. If you want advise on getting the old bushes out of the arms then let me know. I used a sharp drill bit, metal saw, large flat bladed screw driver and a hammer but I am told you can do it on a BBQ if you are patient enough :D

Dave

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Guess the cheapest way is still to buy the kit and just sell the bushes not used. (LCA's and possibly suspension top mounts.)

Thanks for the tip on grease.

Did it take long to do the job? Any parts particularly difficult to get out?

Thanks

Werner

Hi,

Anyone possibly be able to assist me with how much of the Kit will be used with my current set-up? Might be worth buy all individually.

The kit includes the following:

Front Control Arm Bushings

Front Shock Mount Bushings

Front Sway Bar Bushings - 26mm

Rear Sway Bar Bushings - 13mm

Front Coil Spring Isolators

Rear Coil Spring Isolators

Rear Trailing Arm Bushings

Steering Rack Bushings

Transmission Shifter Stabilizer Bushings (manual tranny)

Ball Joint End Boots

Tie Rod End Boots

At the moment I have

Meister R coilovers,

D2 rear Lower control arms

MGZR Rear Anti-Roll Bar

Thanks

Werner

Hi,

Just ordered the kit for my MB6. Once received and fitted, I will feed back on fitment. However Scott at H-Tune says he has sold many of these to mb6 owners and never had any negative feedback.

• 3 months later...