Cams & Valvetrain

Krzys

Just doing some planning for the future.

Basically I'm looking at something like EK9 (B16b) cams and would like to be able to raise the rev limiter but only as high as it would be producing decent power!

So I'm thinking along with the cams to throw in valve springs and retainers (Skunk2) and possibly valves too (also Skunk2).

What do you think?

Personally I'd go for the springs and retainers, not sure about the valves though, whether they would make much difference.

What about the ecu :?: I think that's worth changing for a p72 or similar and having it set up properly. :idea:

Personally I'd go for the springs and retainers, not sure about the valves though, whether they would make much difference.

What about the ecu :?: I think that's worth changing for a p72 or similar and having it set up properly. :idea:

Yeah an ECU will go into the mix anyway, no point in throwing lots of good hardware at the motor if the software doesn't know to utilise it! 8-)

I'd at the very least go with springs & retainers, just wasn't 100% to go valves too, maybe when Rich see's this he can shed some light!

Yeah an ECU will go into the mix anyway, no point in throwing lots of good hardware at the motor if the software doesn't know to utilise it! 8-)

I'd at the very least go with springs & retainers, just wasn't 100% to go valves too, maybe when Rich see's this he can shed some light!

Maybe send him a pm, he doesn't seem to be on here that much lately.