sunroof instalation on flatroof model

E=MC2

Hi people. Yesterday i bought MB6 on scrapyard for spare parts. It cannot be legalized for daily drive, only i can use engine for replacement for my Aerodeck, but theres bunch of very good body, mechanic and eletrical parts.

Because MB6 has sunroof, i would like to install it on my car. Is there any diferences on top panel between models with or without sunroof. Some rails, mounting points, strut bars.... or everything is the same, only sunroof model has whole in roof sheet (and ceiling :) ).

I would think that the roof internals are very different between an MB6 with sunroof and MC2 without. Photo below is on the MC2 with sunroof internals, and as you can see there are several mounting points around the roof for the sunroof mechanism, plus the way the roof skin is cut and folded to make the sunroof seal.

I think this is not feasible. It's not impossible!

20121104_115310.jpg

people always want a tin top not the other way around!

people always want tintops, as you put it, for track weapons, if its not a track car then a sun roof is a bonus :D

True, I'm having a panel welded into my roof to get rid of the sunroof in mine :lol:

you're doing it all wrong :)[smash.gif]

Definitely not, the sunroof is a real pain in the a*s- they weigh a ton, they leak, the drain holes are not big enough and cause major problems, the seals cost £375 to replace (cannot be detached from the glass), they constantly rattle, the inner cover also rattles, it catches on most roof bars when in the tilt position not to mention that an opening in the roof weakens the rigidity of the whole car. I'm getting mine deleted asap.

• 2 months later...