immobilizer after engine swap

crazyrob9999

Hey guys wandering if any of you can help.

Doing an engine swap in my mb2 now been reading up about it and loads of people have said you need key and immobilizer box when you do it.

Now I not sure I will have that when get engine so my question is when I plug it all in will the immobilizer stop me from starting the engine?

If so is there a way to bypass or deactivate the immobilizer or can an auto electrician do this?

Or is there a way to reset all the immobilizer so it will all work with each other?

Cheers

If you are not changing the ECU or the ignition lock/key then the car will be unaffected and should start. If you are doing an OBD1 swap from OBD2 you will also be OK. If you are changing the ECU from OBD1 to OBD2 or OBD2 to OBD2 or later then you will need to either remove the IMMO chip from the ECU, swap the IMMO chip for the right one or get it all re-coded. Doctronic also do something to bypass it I think.

The engine itself has nothing to do with the immobiliser

Your ECU won't run the B16 properly even if it fires up. You will need the ECU,keys and ignition barrel from the donor car OR do an OBD swap and run a P28 with a tune. You might also need a bit of wiring in there for the extra bits on a B series like the Vtec