Volvo BBS Crater Wheels - A definitive answer?!

streaky

Guys and Gals,

As I am needing some tyres for my MC2 and making whats on there last a bit longer. I have been umming on ahh'ing on what the budget will stretch to (which isn't much) and my hopes of a cheap set of 16 or 17" Slipstreams with good tyres coming up seems to be loking less and less of a realistic option.

Having scoured the forums and ebay for ideas i've seen the Volvo BBS (Crater) wheels from the T40 / S40. They seem to look to be a bargain and a nice increase over the standard puny 15" wheels the Aerodeck comes with. Also offset etc seems to be close to original, my days of lairy wheels are behind me and these fit the bill perfectly. I've done my searching and the topics been mentioned a few times but seems to be full of hearsay and misleading info - so hopefully this will clear it up for future reference.

SO here are my questions. They get mentioned a lot but has ANYONE actually got a set on their MB safely? What was involved in terms with spigot rings, centre caps, wheel nuts? Any difficulties in sourcing anything or clearance issues over the brakes?

And finally, anyone got some decent quality pictures of them fitted to an MB/MC?

As far as I understand it, set of spigot rings are necessary - such as the below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/67-1-64-1-SPI ... 3a5ac2004f

Then its straight on, although without seeing the nut fitment on the wheels I can't be 100% if the OEM Honda "Acorn" nuts are required or the aftermarket style chamfered ones.

If any one can help - it would be very much appreciated! :)

Raz used to have a set of these on his :http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11373
Thats the wrong thread i think mate lol

:oops::oops: WTF happened there, try again http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=10711

Checked it this time it is the right link. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Yep they were fitted to my car (above in the link) They looked ok but always wanted something different the offset wasn't quite right in my eyes.

Yes you will need spigot rings, i struggled to find these the exact right size, also you will need conical nuts and not the oem acorn honda fitment ones.

They never rubbed on full lock with 205/60/16 and mine is 30mm lower than standard. I hope that clears things up a bit with the crators they are a nice wheel just not to my taste.

All was not lost they now live on my old mans v40 :lol: