both windows temperamental at same time

mcjacko1987

Since it's started getting frosty the front electric windows are playing up. Sometimes they work. Sometimes they don't. Both at the same time (so if 1 doesn't work, nor will the other) what could be causing this to work 1 min and not the next? Is it a relay as both cut out at same time so it can't be the motors or switches?

it decided to stop working lastnight when the missus had already opened her window and i left the car an hour and then it worked, slowly (as tho battery is half dead) but the battery is fine, all other electrics work a treat

why would they both do it at the same time though? that wouldn't indicate a motor would it as both doors have separate motors.

like i said if one decides to not work, the other wont. soon as ones working again the other will work.

so i know its nothing button side or window side, its gotta be something in the middle. is there a main relay/regulator between it all that controls the whole thing?

also cant even hear the motors when flicking the buttons. you know like if your windows are completely frozen and you try open the window you can hear the motor click once. well they wont even do that. its like theres a dead signal from the switches. but like i said, not dead all the time. they worked last-night when dropping gf off at work as she opened her side a bit. dropped her off and i tried closing it and it didnt work. got home, turned ignition off and on a few times trying in-between and it still didn't work. so i left it a bit and at 1am it decided to work

Only thing I can suggest is check the wiring in the door make sure there is no corrosion or it could be a bad earth causing the issue. I had a problem with my EG passenger side and it was the wiring in the door that had got wet and corroded the wire