Artuan00's MB2

artuan00

So here is the project/progress thread I said I'd start.

This is my old run around which is now sat on the drive feeling sorry for itself :P

577829_10151297830193501_2125517029_n.jpg

New car is a 2001 Civic Sport MB2

Good bits:

Cost me £350 (6 months MOT and 2 months tax)

86k Miles

Gun Metal Grey Standard Alloys (Needs 1 new tyre, has spare on :( )

Doesn't appear to be any rust at all so far (fingers crossed)

Bad bits:

Driver's Door leaks from the window sill at the bottom. Possibly just replace?

Ignition barrel is... foobar'd.

Sometimes the brakes/suspension squeek when turning right only? Not a bearing noise though so not sure on this.

Its way too high :D

Already have an MB6 lip to go on the front, along with a TRS tow strap. Will be keeping the lip dark blue for the minute as I like the way it looked on fyfie5's car.

Pics to come tomorrow when the lip gets fitted :)

hello welcome, ive had an mb 1.4 sport for 3 years and they are great cars. first things id recomeend with it is a really thorough service. the engine is bullet proof and wont let you down. here is what i did when i got mine, oil and filter, sparks leads and dizzy cap clean up, rotor arm, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, clutch fluid pull through, grease the arm to the slave cylinder, gearbox oil coolant and most important of all CAM BELT CHANGE. if you have any problems with the car post in the engine and gearbox section and alot of us will be able to help. last of all these are great cars and i love mine more than any other car ive owned.

looks like my car about 6 months ago :lol: you have the sport so you get the colour coded door handles and mirrors :( jelous much! ive wanted to do a mini me as you can get the d16 head for quite cheap, its just the wiring up of vtec that puts me off doing it as it seems so fiddly and im the worst person to deal with electrics :lol: