battery relocation mc1

kyekye09

hi guys i think this could be my next mod i want to relocate it into the void behind the rear seats but infront of the spare tyre(deck owners will know what im talking about :lol: ) i just want to know if anyone has done it and what is needed(ie what type of cable battery box connectors and so on)

any help will be welcomed

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This back seat relocation looks tidy (about halfway down the page in the link) not sure where he got the box from though. You should be able to find a Honda sized one if you look around I would have thought.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... 485&page=2

Cable wise I dont think the extra length will have much effect, standard size copper ones should work fine.

matt think he means in the boot near front of spare wheel ;)

I know, would be the same kind of setup though with an extra metre of cabling? From memory it's a fairly tight space with the wheel still in isn't it? That near the tank you would probably want to mount the live disconnector switch near the driver seat rather than on the battery box incase you crash with a loaded boot :idea:

You could go for a Spoon one; a bargain at only £389.99 (that's even including VAT- wow!). You may also want the battery tie kit for £113, overall saving 35% on the stock items.

http://www.spoonsports.co.uk/product.php?id=2827

Or you could just take a dump before you get in the car to get the same effect.