Murder by Plasti-dip (work safe ;) )

hickster

Myself and Red have come to a bit of an agreement......we don't really get on. We have tried over the years on and off, but it just isn't working out. I've never been much of a polisher or bodywork worshipper and I can't commit to the work involved in one so high maintenance (not to mention maybe a bit showy and trashy).

Ideally I would like to move on with a subtle clean looking metallic grey or dark silver. Unfortunately my bag of nails 'deck really doesn't warrant a respray or even wrapping (red door shuts sick-smileys-1050.gif] ). I have been thinking about attacking it with the matt black rattlers or possibly even better a bit of Plasti dip- like this;

http://www.the-t-bar.com/en/forum/9-mgf ... d?start=30

But I need convincing one way or the other.

Show me your best murdered-outs (though if I have white wheels I suppose it would be just a matt black car :roll: ) wagons a bonus, I'll start.

murderedout_zpsea79b8a6.jpg

DSC00204_zps3794a9f7.jpg

satin-black-vinyl-car_zps5cac6e9f.jpg

Its not got that bad paint work has it?

Yes it has, unfortunately there is not a square inch that isn't completely trashed. The bonnet could be rescued the rest is horrible, the previous owners seem to have gone on a camping trip without bothering with a roof rack+ all the car park dings/ hazing/scratches etc.

How much does it cost and how prep much work is involved?

Surely it can't be much easier/cheaper than wrapping, I would probably leave it.

No prep apart from an alchohol clean (very little or no masking needed) and it costs about £100 as opposed to £800 plus for wrapping (doesn't last as long though apparently). It is a hell of a lot easier than wrapping and you can remove it just as easily. You guys may be right about the styling it is a bit redneck and popular with the dubbers!

Is there any panels you can replace which just bolt on, like wings, bonnet and Doors? As you might be able to pick them up cheap from scrappies and fit when you find the right colour? Not much can be done about the rest of the panels.

Remove the paint and rat it out :twisted:

If we are over black on black civics I think rat look may have definitely had its day (on anything other than American rat-rods).

Is there any panels you can replace which just bolt on, like wings, bonnet and Doors? As you might be able to pick them up cheap from scrappies and fit when you find the right colour? Not much can be done about the rest of the panels.

Wasn't it kyekye who swapped all his panels and doors for white and then sprayed in the chassis to match? This has crossed my mind- just a case of finding a nighthawk or titan 'deck with good bodywork being broken. Then the only major work would be the roof and the fat a*s dent on the offside rear (near side already sorted).I have been on the lookout for a Vesuvio one but they are mega rare, especially in good condition.

This car has had more dodgy hits than Madonna, now it looks like the heater matrix has gone it needs belts/shocks/tracking/valve clearances etc doing. I had decided to keep this one until it was properly dead (I know it's only small stuff but it just adds up) but at the moment I'm not sure on the logic of keeping such a punch drunk 15 year old Honda; excellent tool though it is.