Civic is dead...

fridazadilak

Yeah I thought the photo was necessary! All these fandangled electrics are new to me...The polo seemed to run on a 9v battery and the Volvo is pretty straightforward!

The ECU reset is a good call. I read up and found you pull the ECU fuse and the backup fuse...is that right? Couldn't see it on the fuse board diagram...

Yep, run it up to warm temp. Shut down remove ecu & back up fuses from underbonnet fuse box next to the battery. Leave for 10 mins or more preferably. Replace fuses and allow to run up to temp again. :)

Jobs a goodun.

Yeah I thought the photo was necessary! All these fandangled electrics are new to me...The polo seemed to run on a 9v battery and the Volvo is pretty straightforward!

The ECU reset is a good call. I read up and found you pull the ECU fuse and the backup fuse...is that right? Couldn't see it on the fuse board diagram...

ECU Reset,,,

After getting the car warm I shut her down and took out the "ECU fuse 15A" and the "Back Up fuse 7.5A" <<< located next to battery

Left it 10min

Started the car and just left her idling, you're supposed to leave it till it settles down to a smooth idle, [i left it idling for 10min as the fan activates after a certain point and it gives a chance for the fuel trims to include this].

Shut the car down and started it back up straight away. [This is supposed to save the new fuel trim settings].

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

• 1 year later...

Hey mate I know this is an old topic but hoping you can help or if anyone can. My switch is faulty and has previously Been replaced with a mb3 switch, I have a mb6. Now I'm looking at switch for a mb6 but it has two plugs like the one up in this pic. One plug goes into the fuse box but where does the other go?