MB3 pulls to the right on hard acceleration

vtec2011

seeya.gif1 Hi there fellow members... I don't know long its been doing this as I don't put my foot down that often because price of fuel these days.. :evil: But from stand still and then giving it a bit of welly the car pulls itself to the right. Its quite scary when changing up a gear and the car instantly turns! I have recently fitted 5mm spacers and ET35 7J TSW alloys on and wondering that could be the problem? Or wheel alignment might be needed? Or could even be torque steer :? Where should I start first to sort this problem. Thanks in advance :D

seeya.gif1 Hi there fellow members... I don't know long its been doing this as I don't put my foot down that often because price of fuel these days.. :evil: But from stand still and then giving it a bit of welly the car pulls itself to the right. Its quite scary when changing up a gear and the car instantly turns! I have recently fitted 5mm spacers and ET35 7J TSW alloys on and wondering that could be the problem? Or wheel alignment might be needed? Or could even be torque steer :? Where should I start first to sort this problem. Thanks in advance :D

hmm, torque steer, that shouldn't happen as they have equal length drive shaft's, 5mm spacer's shouldn't affect it (got them on mine)

did the wheel's need any spigot ring's on them?

are there any knackered ball joint's?

what are the tyre's like, are they the same size, make, model?

is there the abnormal wear on the tyre's?

wheel's ok, no buckle's etc?

brake's worn evenly said to side, the disk's look ok?

if all ok swap the wheel's side to side road test and see if it pull's to the left?

if not swap front to rear and road test again,

if that's doesn't work, (i'm assuming you have the old wheel's you took off the car to replace to the tsw's) put the old wheel's back on and try again?

Thanks Philgor.. :D I have odd tyres on. Toyo tyre on the right (2mm tread) and Roadrunner on the left (3mm tread) with 32psi on both tyres. I will be getting 2 new tyres fitted next week so hopefully that will sort it (can't see how though) and getting tracking done at the same time. I forgot to mention I had the car on the ramps and had a good check over underneath. I couldn't find any play anywhere, springs and shocks were fine. When I get the tyres and tracking done, I will let you know if it fixed the problem.. Thanks again :) Oh and the TSW alloys are in mint condition, no curb marks or damage. And no spigot rings are needed..

• 1 month later...

Soft bushes. I mean softened with time and miles. Also worn rear LCA bushes causes weird behavior under acceleration and braking. Especially braking while cornering is jiggly with worn rear LCA bushes.