Please help wheel noise...

MB6vtis

I have recently lowered my mb6 Vtis on gaz coilovers it is slammed around 90mm.

I have noticed a clicking rotational noise passenger side front wheel as I'm driving while the wheel is rotating it is like a metallic metal to metal noise that when I brake it disappears and when I accelerate it goes until I let my foot off the gas it continues and at low speed it's consistent. It don't make a difference if I turn left or right. When I accelarate away can hear a little faint knock from passenger side front.

Is it the lower ball joints due to the strain of it being lowered or steering rack track rod ends or possibly the wheel bearing passenger side?

Any suggestions please appreciated

Thanks

Could be the brake jack car up spin wheel if you can still hear it undo callipar so it's not in contact with wheel and try spinning wheel if you can still here it it's not the brake .see if there is any play in hub ect . Yes it could be wheel bearing .dropping car that much can give you probs and course wear

Let's have some pics of how low :D

Yeah,because shes so low you might find it goes through wheel bearings quicker due to the extra load placed on them. It could also be the thin metal clips that hold the brake pads in place, as I had that before and just took the pads/caliper apart then rebuilt them and all was fine. Is the metal to metal noise quite high pitched sound, or a dull low sound? If its high pitched, check the caliper as mentioned, and also the state of the pads while you're there. You can often get this if the pads are really worn, as the piston tends to lose contact with them when you're not braking , so there can be a little play left at the pads and they knock about. So might be worth putting new pads in while you're there ;)

I am going tomorrow to check the problem out and will try what you guys have said. Will let you know. But can a lower ball joint or trackrod end cause a high pitch metallic sound when driving straight. Hoping to replace lower ball joint both sides and wheel bearing on the side that is making noise cheers.