ebay question!

Guest VTi-Stephen

Guest VTi-Stephen

would this be any gud to by b18c4? if not were wud be the best place to buy a used chipped brain compatible with the b18c4?

I'd put it in the latter category:

- First of all there is no such thing as one standard ECU for all modifications out there (extreme example: you can't expect an ECU that is mapped for a Turbo build to work on a full NA build), this should be individually mapped by a pro so this map would probably only work on the car that it came from

- The add mentions that the ECU does not have a speed limiter. For as far as I know our generation Civic (whatever engine / model) does not have one so this seems like a dodgy selling arguement from someone who does not know what he's taling about

- Increasing the redline from 8500 rpm to 9200 rpm on an otherwise stock engine can cause serious damage (valve retainers not coaping etc.)

- The add mentions that it will work on 1992 and 1995 Civic or Del Sol and on a B18. For as far as I know these models were never made with a B18 engine (MB6 started > 1995) so this is yet another doubtfull knowledge point. Furthermore an ECU should be mapped for a specific engine type, the model car should not matter.

- For as far as I know Skunk2 just do hardware stuff and not ECU's

- 18 BHP with minor or no further engine mods is very unlikely. You would probably see 5 BHP at the most on with a mapped ECU on a stock engine.

Archived