*Moved* dvd system and fitment

neilx

hi guys as a day job im a tech for a bmw garage and just occasionally we get a few perks and boy did i get one this week had a five series in which was to go out on out sales forecourt and low and behold while carrying out our used car check i come across an aftermarket dvd system fitted now as not bm had to be removed and binned so binned it to my bag lol has anyone fitted such a system to there mb6 as the headrest post r the same space apart as the bm items the posts r thinner there fore dont fit so was wondering if any one had done this to theres and if so where have u mounted the various modules and dvd drive

*topic moved by Admin*

hmmm, tricky one this. The only way round the headrest problem would be to pick up a couple of spare mb headrests from the breakers, and strip them down to see if you can maybe incorporate the screens into the mb ones. The fabric/leather comes off them really easily, just seperates underneath the headrest and it pulls off. Not sure if the mb posts are hollow or solid though, so you may need to find someway of getting the cable routed out of sight.

Head unit/modules wise, there isnt a lot of room in the mbs to put things, and even fitting a standard head unit can be a pain. I took some pics of how to route the cable at the back of the head unit to make it easier to go in the dash, should be in my project build (the AKA Ruby one)

You might be able to put any other modules etc under the front seats, or in the boot? Theres always a way though mate, it's just a question of how! Wot size are the modules etc, how many cables do you need to route for them and how many modules do you have?

Lucky sod getting that "binned" into your own bin lmao :lol:

I have the same Perks at the place I work =P

Got my sub and amp out of a Chav's 1.4 modded golf we took in lol

Also got myself a parcel shelf out of a black MB2 lol

So if anyone needs a spare shelf, i'm your man =P

As said above just get a spare set of headrests and strip them down carefully and see where it takes you.

Those headrest screens aren't the easiest things to fit in the world.

Archived