mb6 steering rack NON power steering fitment??

Vtec-mb6

you need to loop the oem system(so you still have fluid in the pipes its just not getting pumped in and out of the rack) it will be very heavy though as dave says.... have a look at HONDA PARTS on facebook im sure there was an extension on there for sale ;)

its undergoing a turbo conversion.and im having clearance issues with the top mount turbo to clearance of the pump.i know it will be heavier but it wont jerk as much and get loose at high speeds.also cant mount the aux cambelt tensioner which sits in the original power steering pump mounts to stop the cambelt flexing as much.and yes fella ive heard about looping the system.which also means i would be removing the restricter washers that let fluid pass through the rack under pressure.by doing this it does make it a bit lighter to turn as its not so restrictive.theres also another theory of having a reservior with power steering fluid in it with two pipes to the rack and letting the fluid rise and fall as the rack is turned.(gravity fed basicly)thats a bit of work thats why im after a non power steering one to swap straight in.

no power steering will jerk and kick back at you, have a look at mark hales when he drove the caterham supersports vs porsche's at cadwell and oulton, pas in the porsche mad real light work of things.

Have you looked at epas, assuming there is enough room for the rack still, use an electro hydraulic pump from mr2 or a-class merc. even the no hydro, electro pas column from a corsa c is a good candidate

I have a 98 spec DC2 Type R steering rack on my MB3. Fitted in perfect, just needed to swap the pipes over.

This would lead me to believe that a 96 spec DC2 steering rack (doesn't have power steering) would fit your car and fulfill your needs. As it's designed not to have power steering it shouldn't be too heavy.

Hope this helps.