Stability problem...

louiem

Hi,

Had my mb6 a while now. Since ive had it there has always been an issue with the

Handling. I find it hard to explain but basically when on motorway at speeds or on country

Roads the front end is just pulling side to side and is a chore just to keep the car straight.

Some times it corners very good, other times very sloppy.

Also on the odd occasion it will pull to side under braking.

This issue seemed to stand out more when i bought some 96 specs with 50 profiles on

(Slightly lower than the stock 55s i had) which was strange.

Ive checked and had all the front end arms, rod ends, bushings, suspension checked by mechanics

And can see no play or problems at all.

So from what i can gather its possible that its the steering rack which does seem to have a small amount of play (1/2-1inch from steering wheel) and there is a knock when turned hard.

Or tracking needs to be done... But no one can do it as theres no arch gap from being lowered.

Car is standard with coilovers and 3mm spacers up front.

Any ideas people? Cars starting to become a b**** on motorway driving.

bad shock or shock oil overheating, if its as low as you say are the shocks only working on the last inch?

try raising the platforms to a sensible/more stock level and see if the problem is still there, it will be easier to deal with if it has a more appropriate ride height.