idle hunting and throttle sticking

belfastlad123

just put b18 into my ek. when the car is warm the throttle is sticking at exactly between 1 and 2k revs, and its hunting just at these revs.

when i put my foot under the peddle and lift if slighty the car drops to where it should normaly idle and idles fine.

was thinking its something to do with air flow but made up a temp induction kit with air sensor and breather pipe drill into it and it still doing it any ideas. EML light is on too. any ideas anyone ??

you want a little slack in the cable. so check that, just few mms.

and as above give throttle and what not a good clean.

but you need to check what codes youve got, thats probably going to point you towards the culprit.

Icv is icv. The other two I woukdnt have thought you would have them those parts. Didn't think UK cars do. Do you have a socketed ecu?

And idle has nothing to do with throttle cable. Should have a teeny bit of slack so throttle closes properly

i know what the icv is but would the other 2 make the car hunt ?

see the isent completly closing properly when the cable is on but springs back perfect when the cable is on.

the engine in the car is now a jdm b18 with standard dc2 ecu. when i hold a rev between 1 and 2 k revs it revving up and down. a real pain when your driving.

ok have sort of figured it out. it seems jap cars have an electric load detector and a knock sensor and my car dosent have either. so just have to figure out how to sort it.

either need a jap fuse box and wire it in and new knock sensor and wire it in. or bypass both, yous think its a good idea bypassing ?

anyone have any idea how much getting an ecu chipped to forget about these would cost ?