Not starting

Diskwiped

My mb6 vti is no longer starting :( it had been running with no problems then all if a sudden cut out once whilst on idle and once whilst driving, both times the engine restarted ok. I went to start the car today (hot weather) and she wouldn't fire(turns over but doesn't ignite), on the second click of the ignition the lights on the dash no longer come on and the pump does not prime although if I turn the key very slightly past this point the lights come on and pump primes as usual but I still doesn't start.

After checking the forums it is clear that my problem may be due to a faulty distributor but I would just like a few opinions before a buy a part as my symptoms seem slightly different to others.

Thanks

sure its not ignition switch :?:

i think you hit the nail on the head :) was playing with it earlier and managed to get it running aslong as i dont allow the key to fully return to the '2nd' position going to take the cowl of tomorrow and have a look to see if i can find any loose wires, anybody have any suggestions regarding this?

Thanks

8-) think you can unscrew the back off the switch gear maybe regrease and retry or is worn out=replace.

Took it apart as you suggested and cleaned all of the internal contacts (was quite dirty!)- reassembled and now everything functions as it should! :)

Thanks noodels, Knight and Civic5!

1"£££$££"!!