Interior light

Calster17

This past week I've seen that my interior light has been flickering on and off at times, because the drivers door is apparently not shut.(No matter how hard you slam it). It's not all the time, mostly on bumpy roads or if i lean on the door. I've sorted the problem for now by just turning the light off all the time.

Is this a common problem for M Civic's? I'm guessing it's just loose wiring thats causing it? but would anyone have any rough ideas what wires it'd be?

Thanks in advance.

i've had problem with mine, but when the doors are open, it could be the light switch in the door shut, also the switch where you manually turn it off can be a little dodgy, just try to push it as far forward as you can without flicking it to the on position, if you get what i mean?

I would certainly take a look at the door switches. Any one of them could be causing your problem.

They can be easily taken apart using a small screwdriver (watch out for the two small springs) and the internals can then be cleaned. It is amazing just how much dirt and corrosion you can find.

Also, as  they earth thru the screw that hold the switch in place make sure that is nice and clean.

Be careful when you undo the wiring connector. It has a habit of springing back and disappearing into the body panel. A plastic clip/peg is useful to stop this.