Exhaust difference MC2 / MC1

comedywizard

Hi, I know the manifold is different for the DOHC and the SOHC engine, but is the rest of the system that different?

Obviously both aerodecks so presume the route, shape & mountings of the mid and back box is the same?

Is it just the DOHC has larger bore?

Thanks for info. 

Yes, route and mountings will be the same, and as you say larger bore, I think it's .25" bigger.

The other thing is I believe the 1.6 has the o2 sensor in the decat, whereas the 1.8 is in the manifold.

Ok great, thought may be the case. Its not an urgent job but makes things easier if I need to change exhaust can just get vti one as they seem more plentiful for some reason! obviously slightly larger bore should flow better as well. Yes as you say for some reason the 1.6 seems to have 2 lambda sensors before & after the cat whereas I recently changed the 1.8 lambda and its just got a single one just before the cat.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok great, thought may be the case. Its not an urgent job but makes things easier if I need to change exhaust can just get vti one as they seem more plentiful for some reason! obviously slightly larger bore should flow better as well. Yes as you say for some reason the 1.6 seems to have 2 lambda sensors before & after the cat whereas I recently changed the 1.8 lambda and its just got a single one just before the cat.

Actually you won't be able to fit the 1.8 (B-series) header to your 1.6 (D-series) block! So don't even bother trying :)