Titan Silver MB6 - dechromed rear now too

Nairnster

Well I blend the system yesterday, keeping an eagle eye out for leaks during the process. Non spotted.

After 43 miles of driving, the expansion tank is nearly empty, and still got white smoke from exhaust :-(

I'd say the headgasket, one of my mates a while back had exactly the same, white smoke, loss of coolant but no mayo!

Also the answer your earlier question, the only thing about doing it on the drive is as said, a lot of work but shouldn't be too difficult, but I'd get someone to skim the head for you so you know you won't be wasting time and money if the head has warped!

Might be worth slinging a new cambelt on too while it's off?

Yeah, it's exactly what the mg did, though I didn't realise until too late what the symptoms were pointing to.

I was considering getting the cambelt done after, simply because I am not sure about doing that on the drive, mainly as I don't think I will be able to undo the crank pulley bolt.

Apparently Honda charge a flat rate for cambelt changes here, in the region of £200.

Am resigned to the fact that the car is going to be off the road for around 2 months :-(

Well yeah, just spent money on wheels etc and tyres before the problem reared it's head, have a holiday at end of this month, it's just happened at wrong time.

Not that there is ever a right time.

Mind, if I can get the parts next month, will hopefully have it running again in September.

A lot will depend on weather etc.

Also going to take the opportunity to clean up engine bay a bit etc as it's apart.