MB6 Rear Aftermarket LCA'S

burbleboy

I have been thinking about getting rear lower control arms and have been doing research on this forum and others.

What i gather is mb6 rear shocker forks are 40mm wide. The dc2, eg,ek lca's fit but most lca's have a bush that's 50mm wide?

Would i get this to fit as it says 'bushes are 50mm wide'.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-CRX-88-95-LCA-EK-EJ-VTEC-UPRATED-REAR-LOWER-SUSPENSION-CONTROL-ARMS-/231055729750?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3ACivic&hash=item35cbfea456

Any info on these would be great as in the 'showroom' section, peoples build thread are mostly with coilovers fitted and they have 50mm wide forks anyway!

Cheers

Alastair

You will either need eg rear struts with wider fork.

Oooor just cut a tad off each side of the bush neatly with a grinder. Easily sorted

Yeah i thought that cutting it was the answer but i wanted to make sure that everyone else does the same etc.

I have MGZS shocks fitted to would not want to buy other suspension to avoid cutting!

Thanks for the reply.

My mate in the work was looking at this post and says the lca's i'm looking at will be craaap!

He says that he has seen the cheaper ones snap and the bushes are made of chocolate. He suggested skunk 2 ones as they are stronger made.

They have no direct benefit other that looking good and lighter! I may think about this before buying!!