Help please boot not working

LSA9K

As above took the quick detailer out the boot to give the car once over started to rain half way through went to open boot again and nothing.

Use the latch inside the car and you can hear it click but its not opening use the key and its doing nothing either - folded the back seats down and got my mate to use the latch in the car whilst I watched the boot release form inside and a small black clip is rising but not biting anything - anyone had this issue before?

hi mate

iv had a few cars do that to me banghead.gif1

i suggest to get ur mate to pull on the lever constantly while you push and pull it from the inside .

if its just stuck it should open eventually if not then you will be taking a trip to the local garage .

If it's not opening with the key either mate, it sounds as though the actual mechanism itself has failed. Not had this happen on any of my civics, but has happend on other cars I've had.  Can you get a pair of pliers onto the actual metal bit of the cable? At the tailgate end I mean? If you can, get your mate to pull the cable release, then you try and pull the cable with the pliers just that little bit more, might be enough to budge it. You'll struggle to get the plastic trim off with the boot closed, so you may have to cut a hole into it to get to the mechanism to get it open. Once fixed, you can always get another trim panel from the breakers.

Sounds like the wee plastic clip on the mechanism has broke though.