Winterizing my MC1 - Getting ready for the snow

Butcher

big AWD estate gave it away - it was either that, or the next guess was the old legacy I keep seeing with all the ralley stickers on it.

The wife used to keep ending up behind you on the way to / from work (she works on Team Valley) - she used to have a silver 3 door EP1 civic.

bet it was thirsty :lol: nice motor though, was the first one I've seen :)

Used to get 17mpg, day in, day out. And that was taking it easy! Loved it though. Like driving a Boeing 747. Defo not many about. 

I think I remember seeing a little Civic quite often. Can't remember if it was white or silver, but it stood out. May have been your wife? 

Used to get 17mpg, day in, day out. And that was taking it easy! Loved it though. Like driving a Boeing 747. Defo not many about. 

I think I remember seeing a little Civic quite often. Can't remember if it was white or silver, but it stood out. May have been your wife? 

ouch!

this is the wife's old car

20110521_009h-1.jpg

Going back to this for a second. What wheel nuts would I need, if I say, got Rover wheels? This is all too much for a simpleton like me. 

Honda nuts (for alloys and steels) have a curved 'ball seat' where it contacts the wheel, most other manufacturers and aftermarket wheels use the cone shaped '60deg taper' type. Remember to put 4 of the honda ones in with your spare wheel! (yes- learnt from experience  :oops:). 

Ordered the Uniroyals from Camskill, so if I remember, I shall pop back once the snow has been and let you know if they're any good or not... Heard mixed reviews so far, but at that price they're worth a try. 

Also picked up some Rover 200/400 steel rims on eBay. From what I can gather, given that those cars were pretty much Hondas, the wheels are interchangeable and won't require any new nuts?

Not sure- my Rover alloys are taper type. Steels could be different though. New nuts are pretty cheap on ebay (you need M12 x 1.5) so not a major problem, it's just a pain in the arse having two sets. You can get adapter washers from taper to ball seat (for fitting fancy aftermarket taper nuts to your oem Honda alloys) but as far as I know not the other way round. Post up a pic of the wheels when you get them and we should be able to tell you which ones you need.

They look like ball seat ones to me as well. Try one of the nuts you have in it and see how well it sits against the mounting face. The main point of contact should be in the centre of the angled face; not at the top edge or the bottom edge (which looks like it may have happened to these wheels before from the pic).