mb6's i have built

just started with the standard bumper cut the lower spoiler to fit . i did use plastic weld to join the 2 parts together + some pot rivits on the sides . as for smoothing it all together you can use normal body filer i always do you just have to give the plastic a good key up ( a good rub with 120 grit paper ) i have never had any fall out that how we do bumper repairs at work on a daily basis. The lad has no longer got thre car he sold it to by the vti-s at the top of this thread. i got that car for him for £550 with light backend damage that car owes him about £900 as it stands :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now for my car , where do i start with this one . :D

I brought the car 6 years ago off my brother . He brought the car and i feel in love with it, I had always been a ford man right up to that point needless to say the ford got sold and a brought the civic from him for £3000 and then it all started.

my other half used the car for 4 years totally standard apart from an exhaust and filter . At the time i was working for a garage were i was working 12 hours a day 6 days a week and they would not let you work on your own cars so thats why nothing ever got do with the car .

Then i saw sence and left the company to go and work were i am now . alot less hours you can work on your own cars and more money :D .

So as my mrs got here new car ( the colt ) i started playing with the civic and it all began . i started by putting the turbo kit on the standard b18c4 engine i had to cut out the middle of the front panel to make the turbo fit + cut the low cross member to bring the rad forward to make room for the exhaust to come out of the side, not a nice job but it was worth it in the end.

mycarskyline002.jpg

09122008670.jpg

After i fitted sorted all that out i fitted the greddy e-manage to the car and tuck it to be mapped . a couple of days later the bloke rang me and said he was having problems getting the power i wanted and there was no vtec . So i had the car back and there was a wiring off to the vtec control stopping the vtec cutting so i reconnected it and it worked . that night i was taking it back to the mapper to get it mapped ( this just happened to be the night before jap show finale october 2007) . In a moment of madness i floored it it went like f**k for 3 gear changes and melted number 1 piston so that was the end of the b18c4 engine. :cry: .

So after a big mardy i went for a b20b block with the b18c4 head off my standard engine to cut a long story short the engine made 307 bhp for about 6 months and then one day it split a liner 2nd engine gone.

17102007093.jpg

27102007110.jpg

29102007118.jpg

30102007123.jpg

01112007126.jpg

So is were i started my monster build .

I got e-mailed a block in the states and sorted out the spec i was after and i ordered the flowing

1 x darton sleeved block b18b ( same casing as a b20b ) bored out from 81mm to 84 mm to make it a 2.0 litre.

08072008473.jpg

Wisceo pistons 8.4 to 1 ratio

Eagle rods

Acl race big end and main bearings

cometic headgasket

Arp head studs

lightened flywheel

stage 4 ,6 plate paddle clutch

hondata inlet and exhaust manifold gasket

Greddy timing belt

flammer kit

lccmeet.jpg

The car made 379 bhp 308 hp at the wheels 401 nm of torque here it is on the dyno

The car ran a 12.72 1/4 mile @115 mph at pod last year hoping for low 12's maybe even 11's this year :D

I have had a quick work and the car has cost me around £9000 to make it what it is today.

hope you enjoyed my story.

Ps ill do the repaint another day :D