induction kit

raymb6

well lads iam having a bit of a dielema with my civic mb6 the woman I brought it off has fitted a induction kit but just the cone filter no brackets or anything just resting on the gearbox like a spare part its got a few holes in it and looks tired now problem I have is I was thinking that its sucking in hot air I was thinking of going down the civic type r airfilter route as they have standard air box with a green cotton induction kit that slots into it ive told my insurance car is standard as I didn't want them to ride me sore what is my best option iam a fan of a tidy engine bay don't like it looking tacky she has cut the air con pipes going into the dash and removed the ac pump and condenser I was thinking about refitting them as it was fitted to the car like stuff like that to be working but if I have to remove the dash to replace the matrix I wont be sourced a oem center exhaust pipe new 100 euro get me out of a hole for time being

A decent panel filter in a teg airbox is rated as the best induction upgrade for these, if the resonator is removed you will be able to hear vtec crossover, it just won't be as loud as with an open induction kit.

If you want to keep that sound the best kit you can get is the whale p***s intake, obviously as this is open it will suffer from heat soak.

do the dc2 come with cone filter inclosed in the air box its self think ill go down this route as the garda  or police if you will like opening bonnets over here checking to say have you been playing under the bonnet I was going to delclare the mods but I was afraid they oink it way up