how do I clean / block off EGR on D14?

skitzma8

Just been looking on the net about the EGR (engine gas recurculation valve) on my D14 and was wondering if mine could be dodgy? Because it can let carbon into the inlet manifold and cause the engine to be less rev happy? Could explain why my car has flat spots sometimes through the rev range, and has a lot of thick carbon build up in the back box (I'm forever cleaning it daily) I've had mates follow me when my foot is flat to the floor and no smoke at all comes out. Somethings not rite :/

I didn't even realise the d14 had an egr valve

I would imagine removal and cleaning it with carb cleaner wouldn't be to difficult

I don't know how well it would respond to a clean though being a petrol?

I tried cleaning it on my Zafira 1.6 but it made no difference at all, in the end I just blanked the infernal thing off

Hate the things

I'm not too sure I was just having a quick browse, but there is definatly something holding my MA8 back at the low revs, I know because I have been in another one and it picked up a lot better than mine :/ any suggestions as what it could be that's holding her back would be great :)