Need advice on alloys

h4mza

Hey folks bit of a noob question this .I'm new to modifying scene and looking to buy some alloys for my civic MB3 but the problem is I don't know how to find out which one's will actually fit my car? What is it about the alloys I need to know about? I want the Accord Type-R alloys but heard they don't fit but Civic Jordan alloys do, how come?

The info you need for an MB3-

The wheel PCD (pitch circle diameter) is 100mm- you have 4 studs obviously. Many Japanese cars like the Accord are 114.3mm, but some earlier Civics are 100mm.

The size of the centre bore is 56.1mm (used mostly by Honda and Vauxhall, aftermarket wheels will reduce down to this size with spigot rings no probs). This is important Honda are 'hub centric' (the weight of the car is taken by the wheel not the wheel studs).

The stock ET ('einpress tiefe' or 'insertion depth' in English) is 45mm. Between ET45 and ET38 will usually not throw up many handling issues unless you have very wide rims. ET numbers are always stamped on wheels originally sold in the UK.

Not many alloys use Hondas style of wheel nut so you may need new ones if going aftermarket. The thread size is M12 x 1.5mm.

• Like 5

The info you need for an MB3-

The wheel PCD (pitch circle diameter) is 100mm- you have 4 studs obviously. Many Japanese cars like the Accord are 114.3mm, but some earlier Civics are 100mm.

The size of the centre bore is 56.1mm (used mostly by Honda and Vauxhall, aftermarket wheels will reduce down to this size with spigot rings no probs). This is important Honda are 'hub centric' (the weight of the car is taken by the wheel not the wheel studs).

The stock ET ('einpress tiefe' or 'insertion depth' in English) is 45mm. Between ET45 and ET38 will usually not throw up many handling issues unless you have very wide rims. ET numbers are always stamped on wheels originally sold in the UK.

Not many alloys use Hondas style of wheel nut so you may need new ones if going aftermarket. The thread size is M12 x 1.5mm.

That's a pretty awesome bit of info in general! 8-)