Hawk central locking

hickster

Anybody fitted a kit like the Hawk one to an M that already has central locking that works off the drivers door lock? (the MB9 never had remote locking, just off the key).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360394597855?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I literally have no idea with this kind of thing; was thinking that you could just put an actuator on the drivers door? I saw that Kink put it on the EG but I didn't think they had central locking to start with?

It's the one thing that's driving me crazy about the car at the moment- but involves got scary wires n stuff!

Edit- just noticed thats the wrong kit, we need this one without the actuators and stuff (HA-008)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-UPGRADE-REMOTE-KEYLESS-FOR-CENTRAL-LOCK-/330479665244?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item4cf21f805c

It actually not that bad dude. All wiring done right there in footwell.

Whe ya order tell them what car. They can send a paper with typical Honda wiring colours and locations.

If you don't have any kind of central locking at all you'll need to fit actuators to each door that you want to open and close with it! Jake has covered the rest above! :)

Ah ok cool; so you don't have to swap out the actuators if you already have them? For the cost of the kit I am going to give this a go, it's driving me mad! 

Expect a picture of my interior covered in wires soon; I still don't have a working radio even!

Ah ok cool; so you don't have to swap out the actuators if you already have them? For the cost of the kit I am going to give this a go, it's driving me mad! 

Expect a picture of my interior covered in wires soon; I still don't have a working radio even!

No I wouldn't have thought so!  

The logic I've got in my head tells me that you'd probably just wire up a reciever to trigger the drivers door lock which in turn would operate the rest of the doors. But I can't say that's how it works in the real world but I'd say that sounds sensible though!

Just give it a constant feed. Put ya blue led somewhere nice. Then you just cut the wires to the master actuator on drivers door and wire the hawk box in between.

It basically mimics turn of the key from what I gather.

Works very well from miles away. And you can make your indicators flash etc. Has a built in relay. I also have the window closure module if your interested. Would happily sell it to a good home. That is a fair bit more wiring though.

• Like 1

I just fitted one on my mb1, putted the inmovilizer relay that came with the alarm and removed the oem one, etc, my version comes with keyless entry system thats why i didnt need any actuators, it took me a while to proper fit the central locking but now that its done im really satisfied with the result even my indicators flash ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Yes mate its a doddle if you can follow iinstructions. Blimey they've gone up I price though.

All the wiring is done under the steering wheel for power and right side of drivers footwell for locks and lights