tegiwa 3 point brace

Gilman

Hey folks

Has anyone fitted a tegiwa 3 point brace to their mb6? I am trying to fit one to my VTIS, the bolt holes line up ok but the base dosen't sit flat on top off the suspension tower. Was thinking to just fill the gap with washers but seems like a bit of a bodge. Any one elss noticed this with their's?

Noodels has one in his, might be worth sending him a PM or looking at his build thread?

Did have just sold it to phil  :wink: fitted alright on mine,<apart from when i fitted sk2 inlet> maybe 1 or 2 washers would be ok sure its not fitted wrong.

Did have just sold it to phil  :wink: fitted alright on mine,<apart from when i fitted sk2 inlet> maybe 1 or 2 washers would be ok sure its not fitted wrong.

I know you have, just figured being as you had fitted one you'd be able to shed some light :)

Dont see how it could be fitted wrong, just undo the shock top bolts and slide the brace over and refit the bolts? or is there a better way of doing it?

Does the sk2 inlet get in the way cos i was thinking of getting one of them aswell ?

got it fitted to mine the other day, 2 issue's, n/s strut tower clearance v.tight with the a/c pipe's, and a 10mm gap between the 3rd mount and the bulkhead. the standard vti strut brace also fit's over the 3 pointer with no issue's either. and the difference is brilliant.

Yeah i have the same gap at the 3rd point against the bulkhead, gona use washers to fill the gap. A/C not a problem on mine as i ripped it all out.

Good to hear the old brace still fits over, better give it a coat of paint :smile:

quote:

gap at the 3rd point against the bulkhead :???: fitted nice to my bulkhead with no washers,may have just wound the bolts tight to get it all square.

also

sk2 inlet get in the way,>>seemed to be a no no, but didnt try too hard tbh just needed to get rid of parts not being used atm.

got it fitted to mine the other day, 2 issue's, n/s strut tower clearance v.tight with the a/c pipe's, and a 10mm gap between the 3rd mount and the bulkhead. the standard vti strut brace also fit's over the 3 pointer with no issue's either. and the difference is brilliant.

:wink: glad you like and got home ok.