My MB6 - bought a deck!

marv

Nice! My oleman use to have a MK1 Bandit 600. You can throw that thing into the corners! He's now got a Yamaha XJ1200 :)

Yeah i enjoy the bikes!may have to go in the summer though as were expecting again so might have to get an aerodeck for the missus :)

Been having some issues trying to remove the bottom crank pulley bolt :-x I tried to see if any local motor factors or honda had a tool but no one did, or id have to wait a few days. So today i made my own, but the bloody bolt still wont budge :evil:  It just feels like my breaker bar is going to snap. So my next plan is to borrow a £600 snap on inpact gun (which removed my fiesta crank bolt) and i might even weld a socket onto a solid bar/box section as this wont twist like the breaker bar, and have this as a back up.

Anyone else had trouble removing the bolt before?

Here's a pic of the tool i made...

A246B55E-3ABF-4870-997C-C0E29760ECC1_zps

F6985EA6-EC96-44A2-BDD0-E3FE40C1D427_zps

So yea, that is one awesome tool you made, I bought mine off eBay, the point of that tool is too hold that nut then you need a socket that will slip inside that onto a nut and then a couple of extensions onto a wart get and then a 4 foot scaffold tube over the handle of the ratchet and it should pop of then. The point of that tool is to hold the pulley while you undo the nut inside it.

So yea, that is one awesome tool you made, I bought mine off eBay, the point of that tool is too hold that nut then you need a socket that will slip inside that onto a nut and then a couple of extensions onto a wart get and then a 4 foot scaffold tube over the handle of the ratchet and it should pop of then. The point of that tool is to hold the pulley while you undo the nut inside it.

Yeah the tool is doing the job great :) its just i felt i was going to break my breaker bar as i had a 3ft bit of pipe on the end of it and the sucker still wouldnt come off :(

So you have a socket that slots through your tool onto the nut?? If so you really have to jump on the damn thing to get it off, bearing in mind that nut is probably on at 500newton torque things.

put your breaker bar on and have it so the handle is touching the floor closest to the front bumper (not the rear bumper side)

Then just flick the ignition on and the force of the engine will crack it off :)

Yes the socket fits through the tool :) cant do the starter trick as the b18s supposedly rotate anti-clockwise when running? wouldn't really fancy trying that tbh.

cheers