Lots to do.....

JayLock

Need some advice, because the distributor is next to the engine its going to get hot so using tie sticks will last up to the point the engine gets to temperature, anyone got any idea what I can use as a temporary measure so I can rip an arm off and beat the living daylights out of the first smiling happy soul I see?? :evil:

Euro car parts! I called them and they said it should fit both the Mazda and the Civic, I tried to explain that the hole in the cap is much bigger than the spindle to which it fits, they said that's all they stock and if I want a refund I should return it to them! how am I going to do that? to cap is lolling about in the engine bay waiting for a working one. Last time I dealt with these parts suppliers they sent me a battery that was to small for the brackets to secure it, now I fitted it and found only after this it did not fit, they said I couldn't get my money back as I had fitted it!

Need some advice, because the distributor is next to the engine its going to get hot so using tie sticks will last up to the point the engine gets to temperature, anyone got any idea what I can use as a temporary measure so I can rip an arm off and beat the living daylights out of the first smiling happy soul I see?? :evil:

Sucks! Have all of the bolts snapped?

On mine it was only held in place by two of the three! It worked pretty much until water ruined the electrics inside of it!

Trouble is getting what's left out of the threads to put new ones in, mine was that corroded I decided to just sack it off for an entire new dizzy! 

Yep, that's what I am going to have to do I think, serve me right for trying to do a job I could have blamed the garage for....all the bolts are siting happily in the distributor, smiling at me like they know I deserve it, I just popped to my local hardware shop and bought some pipe rings, connected two together and wrapped them around the cap, its idling like a female dog though. now for a dizzy...., I also picked up a screw removal set, can't hurt to try and dig the blighters out eh?

Yep, that's what I am going to have to do I think, serve me right for trying to do a job I could have blamed the garage for....all the bolts are siting happily in the distributor, smiling at me like they know I deserve it, I just popped to my local hardware shop and bought some pipe rings, connected two together and wrapped them around the cap, its idling like a female dog though. now for a dizzy...., I also picked up a screw removal set, can't hurt to try and dig the blighters out eh?

If you can get them out you may save yourself a pretty penny!

And the prize for most innovative tool end goes too...ME!

okay so here's what I did, I took the current Rotor and the contact on the end I gently sanded with fine grit, then sprayed electrical cleaner on a lint free cloth and rubbed that beast shiny, had a look at the contacts in the cap as well, I only tapped the things and white powder fell off so I did the same with those as well, I have then re assembled the unit and O ringed tight as can be, added some super dooper glue and turned that key! she lives, she rides! she'll do till I can get it properly sorted!

the drill bit removal set was utter cows warmness and I could do with a smaller cordless, raining now :(

till tomorrow then, the adventure continues with....................FUEL PUMP change MAYHEM! MAYHEM! MEYHEM!

I would upload pictures of my long adventure but when I right click to paste I get every option but paste, I have allowed access to numerous clipboards to no avail, still imagine if you will the self congratulations that she is again, running like a dream...for now...

Nice one for getting her running!

If you copy the direct link for your images (assuming that you're using photobucket), then in the post box on here you can click the icon with the square thing, you should get a box appear that says "Image properties", paste that direct link in there and you should be cooking with gas!

Good day to my fellow folk,

before I begin on my next perilous endeavour I thought it prudent to take a quick gander at the 'Most helpful list ever'

Splendid bit of work there by the way, I noted that all the engine parts on the D series engine are interchangeable, now does this mean even though I have a 1.6 V-Tec a 1.8 V-Tec part will fit? We all know where this is going due to yesterdays Panic stricken palaver, Will any old dizzy do? I found several 1.4s that look exactly the same you see.. and 1.8s but 1.6 is really expensive....

Anger and bilious outrage at my lack of searching on the subject accepted and gratefully received....