MB8 help with d16y8 swap

stuka

Hello ppl!

I´m a recent user and a recent owner of a 5 gen mb8 civic!

Just bought the van a few months, had a blown d14a8. I previously owned a ej8 civic coupe with i unfortunatly wrecked.
Well having a d16y8 motor siting there, i decided to buy the van so i could put my engine on it!

Been disassembling the engine the past weeks and reach the point were i need to mess with the wiring. This is the hard part because its my first swap atempt! :wink:

Well my y8 is obd2a, like the mb8, and the engine wiring loom is just one piece and doesn´t connect to anything else. Today i removed the battery tray, the heater and the air conditioner evap to get to the wiring, and saw that the ecu wiring splits to the dash and goes to the abs and other stuff on the engine bay.. I was starting to splice it open but had no more time today! Been thinking about this..

Anyone experient in this? Is it possible to take just the engine wiring and replace for the y8? Do i need to do anything else? Any tips on an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

Best regards
John

You should be able to do a straight swap with the wiring, you may need to run a wire for the vtec on the d16 though.

Hopefully someone will come along who can offer a some more help than I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunatly a straight swap with the wiring is not possible.. the wiring splits to both fuse boxes.. Completly diferent from the y8!
Started to remove the dash today... Lets see how i get around it, its giving me more worries than i wanted to..