Coilovers for MC2?

Dexter

I can't find coilovers for a mc2 anywhere. Koni and KW have kits that fit every M-civic except the MC2. I'm really curious about why a set of coilovers, that works on a 1.4 deck and a 1.8 VTi hatch won't work on a 1.8 deck?

Or will they? Any experience on this?

A set from an ek civic will fit, the only difference is the bolt for holding the top mount on is different. MB6 should be the same as well. I have just recently bought a set of rokkor coilovers for my mc2, as said they are originally for an ek4. I haven't fitted them yet but they look good for £259

I have read about people fitting d2's from an ek into an mc2 and having no issues.

thanks

michael

• 5 months later...

So i finally got H&R's for 999€. Yes, quite a lot, but the only Tüv-certiefied kit i could find and was worth it. Although no damping adjustment, but the stiffness is a pretty good compromise between comfort and race. Height adjustment very easy.

Not for a MC2 unfortunately. I'm pretty sure i could fit KW coils meant for another m-civic but the problem is, they wouldn't be tüv-checked for a MC2 which would mean a failed MOT. They're ridiculously strict about car mods over here in Finland.

Archived