vtis turbo

jonnyricer

• 2 weeks later...

May be doing this myself, i'm a bit torn atm! lol. I basically want to know what is the most BHP and Torque output the standard internals can handle on the b18c4. Or would it be worth saving that little bit extra for the supercharger as a lot of people say the VTEC performs better with the supercharger. Theeeeen, theres a little bit of me that thinks N/A with throttle bodies is the way to go haha! But i keep hearing that N/A is the expensive way to go slow!! Little help!

Yeah, ive heard that before, but it's usually from vtec haters lol. :lol: TBH, when you take the ITR, it's n/a, and dependant which one you get, is good for 200BHP out of the box, without mods. You buy some of the other hot cars that are turbo'd from the factory, that make similar figures.

So........to make the turbo cars go faster takes big bucks, whereas the typeR is already pushing out good figures, so in theory putting a turbo set up onto the N/A should make it piss one the already turbocharged as standard hot cars. Which would make it cheaper to get power from! but to keep it N/A and go for power will deff cost you more imo ;)

Basically, how fast you want to go will always boil down to what exactly you want from the car, and how much you have to spend. Balls out performance al that matters, plenty cash?..........easy! Balance between performance/everyday drivability/budget is more involving and difficult. All depends on your preference mate and what the car is used for.

hi there have spoken to ricky at race tech and he says about b16/b18 can run 340hp standard internals but it will need mapping properly to sort torque application you ll need bigger injectors fuel pump etc.

i originaly wanted super charger but can lead to problems and the turbo can be just as drive able with better capable power output

im just enquiring about mot emissions on a decat turbo set up as he does a kit evo9 turbo,intercooler manifold and pipe work for 1450 which is blooming value.

ill be aiming to run about 270hp

unfortunately/fortunately honda vtec is stupid brilliant out the box so na modding can be a mare ive heard

hope this helps

Stock MB6 pistons/con rods have failed 250-300bhp, maybe they were unlucky,

The one on here forsale is by far the best deal you'll get, its got uprated pistons and rods in it already.

Only thing I'd add to it would be the Greddy Profec E-01 and ITR seats :mrgreen:

Go for it lads craigb car is a great and all the work is done and the engine mods have already been done its a steal at the £3250 he is asking for it . Sell your vti-s and then buy it you will not regret it i promise. Rich

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1933

Have'nt got that kind of money at the min and its more about doing it to my car anyways tbh. I'm damn tempted by the forged internals mind because that price is an absolute steal! Just shelled out £500 recently on a new exhaust though and I've got a London and wembley trip to pay for now haha! Super Carlisle! PM me if he does break it cos i want first dibs on that Fidanza fly wheel 8-)

• 1 month later...

Archived