The German's have come to spoil the party!? :-(

comedywizard

Hi Guys, 

Not quite sure what to do, but hopefully you can suggest the best way forward for me and the cars to keep them in the club or keep other club cars going.

As per the title, I think I may be going German for a while! :-(

To cut a long story short, (well as short as I can) I recently bought a cheap VW Passat from feeebay which was around the corner, literally. I bought it dirt cheap £230 as the ad and photo was rubbish and was advertised a spares or repair as Mot and tax had just ran out, but being able to view it so close to home I knew it was better than advertised. It’s a nice clean, straight original car, and actually a sport model. And the colour is similar to my old Aerodeck Vti’s Cascade green, which I loved! L

My intensions were to service it, get a new MOT and sell it on to make a small profit to put into the upcoming wedding fund!! However on getting it home, the wife to be loves it! And you know what they say, "Happy Wife = Happy Life" !

I agree in some parts that it is more refined, feels better put together and although its the same age, in fact a year older, for some reason it does feel more up to date and modern. Perhaps its the dash layout and seats, and the fact it doesnt leak and has full auto climatronic climate control. Besides the fact she loves the dials which light up blue and red! (which I must admit is nice.)

Anyway, I’m in the situation now where I’m thinking of keeping it for a while as a more sensible daily driver. More modern feel, quieter and damp free for the little one. I will miss the hatch / tailgate of the Honda's as the VW is a saloon, but the boot is absolutely huge!  I think the length and width in the boot is bigger than the back of the aerodeck!

Anyway, if things do go the way of the VW, then its time to clear out the Honda's as I cant keep them all and need to get some money back, although I will always keep them close to my heart and have another one in the future as they have been good cars to me.  

Unfortunately I dont have quite enough posts to be able to sell on here, but hope that you guys keep an eye out on fleebay or bumtree and if anyone is interested taking them on it would be good to keep them in the club or at least keep the parts in the club to keep other Civics going.

Not quite sure what to do, but hopefully you can suggest the best way forward for me and the cars. Either sell them all together, or split them and the spares? My daily driver is still taxed and MOT’d until May 2014, plus the spare car is the exact same model which I bought a while back.

The spare car only has 113k, complete and original, but actually I think it’s a better car overall, less miles and doesn’t appear to leak! so I was going to put all the best bits onto this one when my daily driver runs out of tax and test and MOT this one, then use my current driver as the spare car!

The spare car failed on emissions and so needs a lambda sensor, also has a crack in the manifold. However I have a brand new stainless steel  4-2-1 manifold and gasket kit to put on it. 
Besides the other spares I was going to fit including, stainless steel baffled de-cat and complete set of  lowered suspension struts, with as new MGZS shocks, Eibach -30mm springs and modified -10mm front forks, and braided s/s brake hoses.

Should I sell the cars separate, or both together, with or without the spares? Or should I re-MOT them both before selling? Obviously more likely to sell with Mot but means a bit of work and more time for me to do it.

Bear in mind the cost of individual spare parts if there is enough interest or the cars don’t get enough I may also consider breaking if I have to but would prefer to see them all go together.

Thanks guys for any suggestions.