Adjusting hard ride

Gilman

I have fitted meisterR coilovers to my vti-s and got it nice any low. Only thing is the ride is very hard and bumpy even with the damper set to lowest setting. It was ok at one point but not low enough so i cut the arches and lowered it another 22mm and since then the really low stance has made the ride to uncomfortable. Is there any way to soften the ride a bit without raising the car back up?

Maybe undo the springs a bit to give it more travel or something but im not sure. Any one got any ideas?

Here is how its sitting at the moment

DSC00645_zps78a2e50d.jpg

• Like 1

Try adjusting the pre load you mentioned? If you get stuck get in touch with them in the traders area, really good guys and should be able to answer your question!

Try adjusting the pre load you mentioned? If you get stuck get in touch with them in the traders area, really good guys and should be able to answer your question!

I think that's your only option if you don't want to raise it up any. I have them on mine and they're fine and set on no.10 or 12 I think, certainly not the softest though.

Are you running 17's? And are they 40 profile tyres too? That probably makes things a little harder.

Yeah 17s on 40 profile tires. I think what I will do is try and adjust the springs and then fine tune it with the damper adjustment. When it's time for new tyres 45 profile will be a better choice. See how it feels then 

I think that's your only option if you don't want to raise it up any. I have them on mine and they're fine and set on no.10 or 12 I think, certainly not the softest though.

Are you running 17's? And are they 40 profile tyres too? That probably makes things a little harder.

I was reminded yesterday the difference tyre profile makes to ride comfort :lol:

Used to the bouncy ride!

• Like 1

I've just switched from oem 55 profile to my 17s with 40. Soo much better! So much stiffer!

Thing I've noticed as well is lighter wheels get bullied more, steering keeps snatching on bumps! Damned terrible roads!